Ashley my 14 year old resident here at Planet Kitty is in severe decline. she is now just barely eating, and i put in call to my vet about her status and we are looking at possibly doing surgery tomorrow, but i need everyone’s help!
Ashley has a very severe case of stomatitis which is where, for some unknown reason, a cat’s immune system begins to overact to the bacteria in their mouth and the result is severe open sores all over the cats mouth and even down into their throat. the disease can even lead to other problems for a cat because with the open sores usually comes secondary infections. Ashley has been surviving with the issue for some time, but it’s recently has really coming to a head with the final result of her today just barely eating.
usually, despite her painful state, Ashley will come and get me when she wants to be fed; and she normally does this on a regular basis twice a day. she is no longer doing this. i have been having to go find her and put the food in front of her and then she usually eats. today not so. today she gave her wet mashed food a look and then walked away. i finally managed to get a tiny bit into her a little bit ago, but with cats and not eating, especially at her age, the situation can very quickly become dire and so now she’s on very close monitoring while i wait to hear something back from the vets.
the timing couldn’t be worse with them out of town and not returning until tomorrow, and if i have to, i will rush her to the Emergency vets but with the previous experience with them of holding the animal hostage for payment, and knowing that payment will be grossly overblown compared to the $350 estimate my vet gave, i am just praying that things will work out to get her in tomorrow.
i have set up a chip-in to raise funds for Ashley’s surgery.
beginning of December, my lovely (NOT) employer decided to lay me off and i have been waiting for unemployment to get my filing straightened out and to receive payment. i spoke with them, unemployment, earlier this week and they are estimating at least another two weeks before i get any answers. the situation is further complicated by the fact that the current filing is a reopening of what i had initially opened with a past position from back in january of last year, and after the 11 of january, i’m going to have to file a new claim and that could take another 4-6 weeks before i receive any payment.
i don’t care to do urgent fundraising for my own animals. i prefer to use this tool only when it comes to fosters in my care or other animals that i’m assisting with, and even then, i try to at least sell jewelry that i make and such to help with the costs. Ashley’s situation is dire tho, and i really need help!
you can use the chipin link following or you can also call the clinic where Ashley is going to be treated in Glenwood Springs, Colorado and make a donation directly to them in her name. The name of the clinic is all dogs & cats, and their phone number is 970 945 6762. Thank you for any help you can give.