there are very very very few rescues that i hold in the same regard as say, Best Friends. Animal Rescue of the Rockies, tho, is just one of those. they never cease to amaze me!
last fall, when i was going thru some challenging times, and granted still am, i needed a rescue to step up and take the fosters i had in care. i was going to lose my home and was relocating to another living arrangement where i just didn’t have the space or means to provide for the fosters. unlike other rescues, Animal Rescue of the Rockies stepped up. they did this without judgment, and without lecture, and with total support. (for this i am eternally, ETERNALLY grateful!-that can’t be said enuff!) while other rescues were lecturing for “creating more work for them”, ARR took on what the other rescues should have shared, as far as responsibility, and found awesome, permanent homes for the majority of my former fosters!
the thing about ARR is that they truly put the animals FIRST!
1) they full vet not only the permanent adoption homes, but their foster homes as well. this includes an in home check to make sure the environment is safe and a good fit overall, for both fostering AND adopting.
2) the needs of the animal are always put FIRST (this includes listening to what current owners and/or fosters say are the needs of that certain animal)
3) they are an absolute no kill facility!
4) they rescues animals from other KILL facilities as well!
4) each animal taken in is given the highest priority and they never sway or compromise when it comes to finding that animal THE perfect home!
5) they are not only about rescue, they are about educating as well!
for this and so many other reasons, you should be a fan like me. please spread the word about Animal Rescue of the Rockies!
you can find their website here:
where you can learn more about them and their mission.
you can also find their facebook page here:
and, my favorite, you can find their facebook page for the Cat Casita, here:
but most importantly, you can make a donation to help them continue their FABULOUS work, here!!:
if you live in Colorado, you can also volunteer or become a foster home. further information on that, can be found at their web page which is the first address given above.
liking and spreading the news of their facebook pages, is extremely helpful too, and completely free. it helps them to circulate the available animals and find homes for them, and costs you nothing. not to mention, it keeps you informed of the wonderful work they do!! please take a little time to do so.
(and if you’re a kitty fan like us, you will just LOVE their posts about the cats at the Cat Casita in fairplay, co, which i hope to visit one day!)